The mission of the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) is to honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
The NTHS is committed to
- providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education,
- supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools,
- creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry,
- being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change,
- maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs, and
sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
Students must be nominated for membership in the National Technical Honor Society by an instructor, an advisor and an administrator. Their application must be approved by the local Chapter Advisors, the nominating instructor and a school administrator. Students who are inducted must have maintained an “B” average and have been absent for fewer than five days for one semester. Other criteria include: honesty, service, leadership, career development, academics and skilled workmanship. The purpose of the organization is to foster the pursuit of educational and career goals to develop greater awareness within our community about the talents and abilities of students engaged in career and technology education, to provide career and technology education and to provide career and technology students a greater awareness of the world of work.
More Information is available at Northwest Tech’s website at http://www.nwtech.edu/nhs.htm.