The Multimedia & Image Management Techniques course will provide students with fundamental skills in image creation and management procedures and enhancement techniques as they create, revise, optimize, and export graphics for video, print, and web publishing.
This course is approved for one credit for Oklahoma’s Promise (OHLAP).
The Multimedia & Image Management Techniques course is aligned to the NOC ITEC 1413 Multimedia and Image Management Techniques course.
The following Brainbench exams will be utilized as end of instruction assessments:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
The Multimedia & Image Management Techniques course targets the following industry recognized certifications:
- Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communications Using Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Associate – Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Illustrator
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify differences in platforms, browsers, display settings, etc., and related issues.
- Use scanning devices and software to properly scan reflective and transparent mediums.
- Demonstrate basic design procedures using photo-editing software that include photo enhancement, correction, restoration, and manipulation.
- Manipulate, troubleshoot, compress, publish, and export graphics and/or animations.
- Identify and employ design and color principles while creating visually appealing graphic images.
- Apply appropriate techniques for web and print publishing.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in communicating with a diverse workforce.
- Identify legal and ethical issues in the IT field.
- Prepare visual design specifications and evaluate visual appeal.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of digital imaging techniques and equipment.
- Select and utilize appropriate software and hardware tools.
- Produce or acquire graphics, animation, audio, and/or video content.
- If using Adobe Photoshop for image editing, apply the following features appropriately: color, efficiency and automation, file management, filters and effects, image properties, layers, masks and channels, text tools, and user interface.
- Create and manipulate original digital images using the features of vector graphics software.
- Apply the following software features appropriately using Adobe Illustrator: automation and customization, compiling objects, interaction with web and other applications, type tools, color, objects and shapes, interface, and enhancing artwork.
View Multimedia & Image Management Techniques course syllabus – Multimedia and Image Management Techniques Course Syllabus 2014