The Design Tools & Electronic Marketing Strategies course will enable students to become proficient in the use of premier, leading edge tools designed to create graphically rich and intuitive web sites, productions and publications. The primary focus of this course includes color and design theories, accessibility, and marketing strategies resulting in a digital portfolio.
This course is approved for one credit for Oklahoma’s Promise (OHLAP).
The Design Tools & Electronic Marketing Strategies course is aligned to the NOC ITEC 1553 Design Tools & Electronic Marketing Strategies course.
The following Brainbench exam will be utilized as end of instruction assessment:
- Web Design Concepts
- Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Dreamweaver
The Design Tools & Electronic Marketing Strategies course targets the following industry recognized certifications:
- Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communications Using Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Associate – Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Certified Associate – Web Communication Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Certified Expert – Adobe Dreamweaver
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and incorporate standards for usability, ease of navigation, accessibility, and internationalization.
- Apply successful strategies and customer service techniques for electronic marketing.
- Design websites and/or movies that incorporate various types of linking, animations, rollovers, and interactive forms.
- Work with dynamic text and XHTML.
- Acquire color and design strategies to support electronic marketing.
- Identify types of electronic marketing and develop a plan to market a digital portfolio.
- Select color and textures to enhance digital marketing.
- Enhance creative abilities to complement personal marketing skills.
View Design Tools & Electronic Marketing Strategies course syllabus – Design Tools and Electronic Marketing Strategies Course Syllabus