The Career Major Capstone course will utilize internships, project-based instruction and teamwork to integrate the use of interactive media products for desktop publishing. Students will make final preparations for industry certifications as they master outlined competencies. Students will select from various project options to finalize portfolios that highlight skills and certifications. Students may also undertake special projects, cross-train or participate in workplace learning opportunities to enhance skills in accordance with industry demands.
This course is not approved for credit for Oklahoma’s Promise (OHLAP).
The Career Major Capstone course is aligned to the NOC ITEC 2553 Career Major Capstone course.
No certifications required for this course. It is used to demonstrate mastery in the field through the pursuit of advanced certifications, complete advanced projects with limited supervision, or used for an OJT (on the job training) component.
The following must be completed in place of industry certifications:
- Fulfillment of requirements for career major.
- Live work and/or internships in accordance with industry demands.
- Completion of portfolio.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery in the field of Interactive Media through the pursuit of advanced certifications.
- Complete advanced desktop publishing projects with limited supervision.
- Gather and analyze digital media for customer requirements.
- Define scope of interactive media work in written form to achieve individual and group goals.
- Demonstrate effective use of tools for digital media production, development and project management.
- Participate in iterative development with clients and team members.
- Evaluate effectiveness of communication of digital media project.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and resolve conflicts with a diverse workforce.
- Understand the importance of cross-functional teams in achieving IT project goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership skills needed in the IT environment.
- Build interpersonal skills with individuals and other team members.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and behaviors of legal responsibilities.
- Identify and demonstrate positive work behaviors and personal qualities.
- Identify and target career opportunities in one or more career pathways.
- Finalize personal career plan to meet career goals and objectives.
- Market skills and abilities and apply job readiness skills in conjunction with an electronic or print portfolio.
- Successfully participate in a teamwork environment to produce interactive media.
- Identify and apply customer service techniques necessary for a successful business.
- Develop prototype, flowchart, requirements document, and sample budget for implementation of a design project.
- Demonstrate the effective use of tools for digital media production, development and project management.
- Develop a proposal and contract for customer approval.
- Revise pre-production documents and estimates to reflect actual experiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between lifelong learning and IT career development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of career development/progression patterns in the IT industry.
View Career Major Capstone course syllabus – Career Major Capstone Course Syllabus 2014